Friday, October 24, 2008

FIVE INGREDIENTS FOR FRIDAY'S

Every Friday, I will post a tasty recipe that contains five ingredients or less (I'm not counting the spices) The recipes that I will be posting already have a "hubby and 3 teens" seal of approval. Hopefully, you'll find some that could be added to your family's favorites and maybe share some of your family's 5 ingredients or less recipes with me. So, for my first FIVE INGREDIENTS FOR FRIDAY'S post, I am sharing with you this recipe that I found written on a piece of loose leaf paper in one of my grandmother's old cookbooks:

EASY CHICKEN FRIED STEAK
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup milk (put in a shallow bowl)
1/4 to 1/2 cup flour (put on plate)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 to 3/4 pack of crackers, crushed
Form ground beef into 5 or 6 patties. This next step is a very messy step, but trust me, it's worth it...Dip each side of the patty in the milk, then in the flour, then in the egg, and lastly in the crushed crackers. Place in a hot frying pan with a little vegetable oil. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Turn down heat and fry on one side. Then flip to other side and fry. They are done when the juices run clear. Serve with white gravy on top. When served with green beans, mashed potatoes, and a roll, you have a very tasty meal that is ready in no time.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...