Remember in a previous post I mentioned that I would love to try to make one of those witches using a styrofoam wig head and paper mache? Well, she’s just about finished! I just need to fluff up her legs a little and attach her pants legs to the boots somehow.
- styrofoam wig head (Sally Beauty Supply)
- pvc pipe frame for upper body and arms
- old thrift store red sundress
- black headpiece is from an old black slip
- black fabric I already had
- pair of thrift store black pants
- old pair of black boots
- lots and lots of newspaper for stuffing
- hands are made from your everyday household latex gloves from the Dollar store. 2/$1 Turned them inside out and painted them with acryllic paints, stuffed them and duck taped them to pvc pipe arms.
- eyeballs are made from polymer clay with printed irises modpodged on. printed irises come from The Haunting Grounds
- just a few clumps of hair from an old wig.
- I paper mache’d using newspaper strips, paper towels, and cotton balls.
LESSON LEARNED: Paper mache is not just for kids…This was so much fun to create!
She went from this:
What do ya think? Isn’t she cute in a creepy sort of way?
(I think I’d better finish her up and get her outside quickly!! The dogs are growling and barking and ready to attack her! lol…)
This post is being linked up to :
Metamorphosis Moday at Between Naps on the Porch Head on over there to see some great Before & afters!
Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday