Friday, March 13, 2009

MY FIRST CVS SHOPPING TRIP

This was my very first trip to CVS. For some reason I was a nervous wreck. I don't know if it was because this was my first trip and I was afraid of screwing something up or if it was from my belly saying it was time to get something to eat. Guess it could've been a combination of both. Anywho...My goal was to only spend $5.00 OOP. Well, I met that goal...sorta...(I forgot to figure in the sales tax.) Oh well, I think I still did pretty good for a first timer. Here's what I did:

TRANSACTION #1:
  • 1 TUBE CREST PRO-HEALTH TOOTHPASTE $2.99
  • USED $1.00/1 CPN
  • SUBTOTAL WAS $1.99
  • TAX: $0.20
  • TOTAL OOP = $2.19
  • GOT BACK $2.00 ECB

TRANSACTION #2:

  • 1 HERBAL ESSENCES SHAMPOO $2.88
  • 1 HERBAL ESSENCES HAIR SPRAY $2.88
  • 1 SECRET FLAWLESS DEODORANT $3.99
  • USED $2.00 ECB FROM TOOTHPASTE DEAL ABOVE
  • USED $3 OFF 2 HERBAL ESSENCES CPN
  • USED $1 OFF 1 SECRET FLAWLESS DEODRANT
  • SUBTOTAL: $2.75
  • TAX: $0.51
  • TOTAL OOP: $3.26
  • RECEIVED $2.00 ECB'S FROM HERBAL ESSENCES
  • RECEIVED $1.00 ECB FROM SECRET

TOTAL OOP: $5.45

ECB'S TO USE ON NEXT TRIP: $3.00

And after my DH and I left CVS, we took our little Chipolte bags from Sunday's paper and had a free lunch. OMG that was the biggest burrito I have ever seen!!! And quite tasty!!!

Head on over to KEEPING THE KINGDOM FIRST: THE $5 CVS CHALLENGE to see other $5 CVS scenarios. I was going to post my trip, but the rules say to post your "$5.00 or less scenarios" and I went over by $0.45 (stupid taxes!!...lol...)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...