Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gifts From The Heart...

Every year for the last 4 or 5 years, I have given the same Christmas gifts to everyone on my list. My mom would get a handmade jewelry set, and everyone else would get baskets with Hot Chocolate Mix, marshmallows (with the little poem about snowman poop attached to it), and a mug for each recipient. The baskets have always been a hit (and the kids LOVE it) and around the first of December, all of these jars start coming back for refills. Last year, I tried something a little different for my Uncle and my Father in Law. I made the usual Hot Chocolate gift baskets, but added a couple of other mixes. There were flavored oatmeal packets, various spice mixes & chili seasoning mixes (sitting inside a man-size cereal bowl) added to their baskets. They loved it!! This year, they're in for a treat. Along with their hot chocolate, I'll be throwing in some homemade Chex Party mix in a jar and some Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Bread . If you haven't tried this recipe, you need to. It's the best pumpkin bread I've ever eaten! There are sooo many wonderful gifts that can be handmade. Here is a list of some of those gifts:






  1. QUICK BREADS:


  2. BEVERAGE MIXES:


  3. SEASONING MIXES AND GIFTS IN A JAR: Here is just one of the many sites with lots of gifts in a jar recipes
  4. BATH AND BODY PRODUCTS: There are lots of websites out there that show you how to make homemade bath salts, lotions, bubble baths, etc. Wouldn't this make a wonderful "SPA" Type basket. Put a few of these items, some candles, a relaxing CD and a pair of fuzzy slippers in a big basket along with a big plush towel and washcloth set. Who wouldn't love to receive this!
  5. EASY QUILTS AND FLEECE BLANKETS:
  6. FLEECE SCARVES
  7. HANDMADE STOCKINGS
  8. THEMED GIFT BASKETS: There are soo many theme baskets that you can make. Take a look around your department stores/grocery stores for ideas or search the web. The possibilities are endless. I noticed some on my last trip to Meijer. There were "movie" baskets filled with popcorn and movie type snacks and there were bath and body baskets. Which were really nice...but WAY OVERPRICED!
  9. HANDMADE ORNAMENTS: I love handmade ornaments!
  10. HOMEMADE JAMS AND JELLIES

The list could go on and on, but you get the idea. Start thinking now of all the different things you could make for everyone on your list for next Christmas. Trust me...they'll love it!!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...