Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Depression + Beads + Wire = Pretty Little Trees

 

This cold weather has really gotten me down in the dumps & wishing Spring was already here.  So with some beads and a bunch of wire, I decided to give Spring a little nudge!  Aren’t they cute!  These little trees measure in at approx. 6 inches. 

Here they are against a black background which shows the colors of the beads a lot better:

beadedtreec  

And here they are in my curio cabinet.  The beads look a little washed out in this picture.  It’s so hard for me to get a picture of something in my curio cabinet!  I had to put a sheet of white cardstock in the back to cut down on the glare coming through my window.

beaded&wiretree2

I still haven’t decided what I want to mount them on.  I thought about a small mirror?  Moss covered rock?  I also think they need little birds/butterflies perched on the branches.  Do you know where I can find teeny tiny lightweight birds/butterflies? (as in 1/2 inch or smaller)

So, what about you…Have you been doing any “Spring-y” type crafts to chase away the winter blues?  I’d love to see them!

I am linking this up to:   Get Your Craft On with Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...