Monday, October 19, 2009

CALENDAR IS FINISHED & BEEF STEW IS COOKIN'

Well, I have to say, the calendar turned out pretty good considering I never could draw a straight line even with the help of a ruler...lol... Now, it just needs a hanger hooked to the back and hung on the wall. I can't wait to show you all some pics. Still working on borrowing a camera. (I've been really good this year...maybe Santa will bring me a new camera :)

Now for something totally unrelated to the "home office" projects:

Since this colder weather has hit, I've been craving some beef stew and some biscuits straight from the oven. So this morning, I threw everything in the crockpot and by the time I get home from work tonight it should be ready. All I'll have left to do is through some biscuits in the oven. I love coming home from a long day's work to food that's already cooked, don't you? Here's the recipe I use. It's from the little cookbook you get in the box with your crockpot. AND IT IS DELICIOUS!!

BEEF STEW
1 1/2-2 LBS. STEW MEAT CUT INTO 1-INCH CUBES
1/4 CUP FLOUR
SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
1 1/2 CUPS BEEF BROTH
1 TSP. WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 CLOVE GARLIC, MINCED
1 BAY LEAF
1/2 TSP. PAPRIKA
3 CARROTS SLICED
3 POTATOES, DICED
1 OR 2 ONIONS, CHOPPED
1 STALK CELERY, SLICED
2 TSP. KITCHEN BOUQUET, OPTIONAL
PLACE MEAT IN CROCKPOT. MIX FLOUR, SALT & PEPPER AND POUR OVER MEAT; STIR TO COAT. ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS AND STIR TO MIX. COVER AND COOK ON LOW FOR 8-10 HOURS. (HIGH 4 TO 5 HOURS) STIR STEW THOROUGHLY BEFORE SERVING.
Well, guess I'd better get ready for work. Catch ya' later!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...