Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY JELLY…YUMMMMMY!!!

 

j0156233j0156237

   For the past few weeks, I have been scouring the internet for any info I could find on jelly making.  I printed off a few recipes.  I read all of the helpful tips and techniques  from experienced jelly makers.  And yesterday, I finally took the plunge and made my first batch of blueberry jelly!!!  I was a nervous wreck…lol…After narrowing down all of the jelly recipes that I printed off, This is the recipe I used.   I got down to the part where it said “Strain through a jelly bag, reserving 6 cups juice” and started freaking out!!  I strained my berries through a damp flour sack towel because I didn’t have a jelly bag, but I ended up a “little short” of 6 cups of juice.  My mom told me to just add a little water to make it equal the 6 cups.  Now I’m really getting nervous…I’m planning different ways to use all of this “blueberry syrup”  that I’m going to end up with….lol….   I finished up the remaining steps and I had 2 pints more than I was supposed to have.   How did that happen?  I removed all of the jars from the canner and set them on a towel on the counter.  I taped a “TOUCH THEM AND DIE” sign to the counter and I went searching for recipes to use up all of this blueberry syrup…lol…  Fast forward to 24 hours later…while making  toast for breakfast this morning,  this little jar of jelly kept screaming out at me “try me…try me”.  So I tried it.    OMG!!!  This was delicious!!  And it wasn’t syrup…It WAS jelly!!    I’m still not sure how I ended up with 2 extra pints, but I’m glad I did!!  My jelly making experience was a “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...